Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory – Berkeley Lab is a multidisciplinary national laboratory located in Berkeley, California on a hillside directly above the campus of the University of California at Berkeley. The site consists of 76 buildings located on 183 acres, which overlook both the campus and the San Francisco Bay. From the infinite scale of the universe to the infinitesimal scale of subatomic articles, researchers at Berkeley Lab are advancing the scope of human knowledge and seeking science solutions to some of the greatest problems facing humankind.
- Solve the most pressing and profound scientific problems facing mankind
- Conduct basic research for a secure energy future
- Understand living systems to improve the environment, health, and energy supply
- Understand matter and energy in the universe
- Build and safely operate leading scientific facilities for the nation
- Train the next generation of scientists and engineers