Wed October 06, 2021 to Wed November 03, 2021
STARTS Wednesday October 6, 2021
Interactive, on-line professional development workshops will provide educators with a comprehensive approach to biotechnology education:
- Explore a vast collection of state-of-the art digital resources that bring fundamental crosscutting concepts to live and connects them to biotech’s real-world applications and careers.
- Use comprehensive digital platforms to build biotech lessons in alignment with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
- Connect SARS-CoV2 biology and immunity to fundamental concepts.
- Explore biopharma’s record-breaking contributions to ending the pandemic through updated instructional resources.
- Develop customized activities and assessment tools that promote analytical thinking and communication skills through individual and collaborative learning projects.
- Expose students to biotech's multidisciplinary job areas and careers; and its unlimited potential to innovate and drive economic growth.
- Engage in small breakout sessions and interactive modalities to brainstorm, create lessons and a long-lasting learning community for continued support.
This is a four-week training (12 hours total). Sessions meet twice per month on Wednesdays from 3:30 PM – 7:30 PM (PST). Begins Wednesday October 6, 2021
This course is designed for pre-service and in-service Biology High School Teachers and College Educators seeking to integrate evidence-based teaching practices that are focused on promoting biotechnology education and career exploration. You can register for individual workshops or for all 4 workshops to gain a more comprehensive experience.
Minimum requirement: Biology College Degree.