Eulalia shares her career journey from Clinical Lab Technician to research in Japan to Scientist I at Thermo Fisher.
What biotechnology program did you attend?
MiraCosta College in California.
What degrees or certificates have you completed?
I completed the following:
- Biotech lab assistance certificate
- Biotech Bioprocessing certificate
- Biotech Research and development certificate
- Associate degree in Behavioral Science
- Bachelor's degree in Biomanufacturing
What can you tell us about your career path?
I started off as a Clinical Laboratory Technician, moved to the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology where I was a Lab assistant and technician. After I finished my Bachelors degree at MiraCosta College, I began working at Thermo Fisher.
What do you do for your job?
I validate and support the commercialization of new reagents for flow cytometry by:
- Designing experiments and conducting basic troubleshooting
- Maintaining mammalian cell culture
- Preparation of human and mouse primary immune cells
- Data Analysis and reports